Sunday, November 29, 2009

Working on my book


I just want to let everyone know that I am so thankful for you! I am thankful for my readers and for the feedback you give me.

Thank you, also, for your continued patience with me. I work very hard on my posts, and I research and edit and rewrite each piece (except the last one about Queen Mab. It's not right. It was written very late and I was out of inspiration, so it is missing much emotion and style.) and it takes me near a week each time. I have many things I want to show you and tell you. I want to know what YOU want to hear about, and what kinds of faeries you want to learn of. Remember, though, that faeries, even the beautiful ones, are dangerous, terrifying beings. They are fickle, and strange, and though some are insanely pretty, they are still weird and deformed looking. The ones that are malicious are not to be trifled with. Please don't be disappointed if a faerie you hold dear to your heart, by my observation, turns out to be treacherous.

At the time being, I am studying hard, researching and observing faeries in their natural habitat. It takes great patience, much discretion, and a crazy amount of luck. Over the next few years, I plan on gathering enough data to publish a book- a field guide- if you will, of faeries and all the wonderful, terrifying, horrific and brilliant things about them. My blog is my drawing board, and I appreciate ANY feedback you have for me. Right now, I am elbow deep in notes, and it may be a while before I am able to post any lengthy entry.

Until then, which I hope is soon, Merry Christmas. I wish you the best of the season. (And by the way, if you want Winter Court to grace your home with magic this season, you may want to do away with that charming ball of Mistletoe. It kills them. Just an FYI.)

No comments: