Thursday, September 30, 2010
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Curious how to enter?
Well, I'm going to give you A LOT of chances to win this pair of my FAVORITE wings!!!
Contest dates: TODAY, September 30 - Thursday, October 7th
***VERY IMPORTANT: If you qualify for ANY of these entries, I need you to COMMENT and tell me ALL of the things you have done to earn entries. For example, if you grab my button or blog about my giveaway, I might not know unless you tell me!!!*****
1. YOU MUST BE A U.S. RESIDENT! (I am SO SORRY! It just costs a LOT of money to send these out of the country!!!)
2. For a grand total of 3 ENTRIES, BLOG about my giveaway to get more traffic to this site!
3. 1 ENTRY- FOLLOW ME! And for an additional entry, if you hop on over to my OTHER blog (the mainstream one about being a SAHM) at http://www.becauseidontscrapbook.blogspot.com/ and FOLLOW ME THERE TOO!!!
4. 1 ENTRY- Grab my button!!! This counts for either THIS blog's button or the one on http://www.becauseidontscrapbook.blogspot.com/ - and YES!!! If you grab both, you can get 2 ENTRIES!!!
5. 1 LAST ENTRY- Leave a comment on a DIFFERENT post of mine here, or at http://www.becauseidontscrapbook.blogspot.com/ - once again, yes, doing it in both places earns you an extra entry!
As you can tell, not only is this giveaway something that I want to do because A-My wings are awesome and I want to share them with you (and possibly sell some- hint, hint: http://www.gossamerjewelbox.etsy.com/ ) B- I LOVE MY READERS and it's such a wonderful way to say THANKS! C-Duh- to get more followers...
BUT...I'm trying to direct more traffic to my SAHM blog too.
Good luck with the contest friends!! You have a week!!!
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Sunday, September 26, 2010
Saturday, September 25, 2010
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Friday, September 17, 2010
"...every time a child says, 'I don't believe in fairies,' there is a fairy somewhere that falls down dead."
On a regular basis, my 4 year old son will tell me "Mom, I don't believe in Faeries."
Well, okay then, my little Fae touched boy. Of course, though, he believes in Santa Claus, and won't stop terrifying Scarlet about the Brownie that SURELY lives within our walls, because late at night he hears him knocking.
I'm also pretty sure that Mahone believes in Jedi.
So why is it so hard to believe in Faeries?
Really, when all is said and done, it is impossible to really understand Faeries, and their forms, their life cycles, and when it comes down to it, the question is: Does it matter?
No. It doesn't.
And if you don't believe in Faeries, for the most part, they don't care. Tinkerbell said that whenever someone says they don't believe in Faeries, a Faerie somewhere falls down dead, and she wasn't lying, really. But she wasn't telling the truth either.
Tinkerbell is a complex little thing in and of herself, and a story for another day. But suffice it to say that most Faeries are pathological liars. They have very little, if any, morality, and if she said that Faeries die when disbelieved, then, at that very moment, she probably believed it herself. But it probably served to get her what she wanted somewhere down the line.